Thursday, January 31, 2008

new job, new beginning

Hi everyone! I just want to take a break from my 'heavy duty' postings lately and let you know that I am about to start a new position. I am the new Executive Director of a non-profit, non-religious organization that connects people in need with available social services in the city. Officially I start on Monday, but last night I attended a board meeting and was introduced to the Board of Directors. I am really excited about the mandate of the organization and their desire to keep growing. There are some great people on the Board. They are all highly qualified and passionately involved with the community. They warmly welcomed me, but at the same time were clear that they have high expectations. I am really looking forward to the challenge. It's been a long, long time since I feel this alive and excited about an opportunity.

After the meeting, I walked out into the cold evening air. I took a deep breath, and said to myself, "This is it. It's time to leave the past and move on." I hope to share with all of you new lessons that I learn as I turn the page to this new chapter of my life. Thanks for reading :-)

7 comments:

LEGOizedWayne said...

努力呀!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, ALFRED, ON YOUR NEW JOB AND NEW BEGINNING. HEARD THIS SONG YESTERDAY ON THE RADIO AND IT'S BEEN RINGING IN MY HEAD ALL MORNING. LET ME SHARE IT WITH YOU.

Carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the helpless, confused and torn
And hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world
Take your candle, and go light your world


May you be a candle to the world everywhere you go! May God grant you the wisdom you need for your upcoming challenging job! You'll be in my prayers!

Sibling Wannabe

阿Lam - A Messenger said...

Thank you 阿榮 and Sibling Wannabe for your kind words of encouragement. I will do as you said: Work hard, and seek to be a candle to those I serve!

Anonymous said...

I almost can see the light in your eyes. Good for you, Alfred. I am sure you and us will learn a lot from your new challenge.
We are still together with the desire to live a life that will bless others.
Breathe in and breathe out, time to run and look ahead, there is a long way ahead of you,there are multitudes of people out there waiting, waiting for someone to extend their arms and hands, to open their eyes and open their hearts to them..
Waiting to hear more sharing from you. May you be a servant with a humble and gentle heart but yet with a sharp and bright mind.
May God grant you wisdom to know what to do, how to do, when to do and doing with who.
Chinese new year is coming up, it is a new beginning...

Anonymous said...

Congrautlation to you Alfred. I am so.....happy to hear the good news and God really answers my prayer. I do hope you have a new beginning and new life too.

You are still in my prayer everyday. May God bless you and your family as the Chinese New Year begins.

wahlun said...

Happy for you
one step at a time
I still believe He is guiding you
You are always in our prayers

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know you have a new job. It is a new chapter for you and do hope everything is fine with you.

May God bless you and your family.