Thursday, February 28, 2008

Keep Walking...

Walk on, walk on
What you got, they can't steal it
No they can't even feel it
Walk on, walk on
Stay safe tonight...
U2 "Walk On"

I am tired.

Tired of being angry at those who will never know how much they have hurt me.
Tired of being bitter at an institution that will never change
Tired of waiting for answers that will never come.

I am tired. It's time to walk on...

I once gave a talk about life...I entitled it "What should I pack for the journey?" That's the question I must ask today...

And love is not the easy thing
The only baggage you can bring...
And love is not the easy thing...
The only baggage you can bring
Is all that you can't leave behind


I don't know where I am walking to...I don't know who will walk with me...I only know I need to keep walking...keep walking...Because that's the only way to keep me from looking back. The only way to keep anger and bitterness from catching up to me and erode my soul...

You're packing a suitcase for a place none of us has been
A place that has to be believed to be seen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Lam,
Don't carry the baggage of hatry and bitterness, that won't help you walk too far.
Drop those baggages and walk on, it will make your future much brighter.
What can you do and what have you done to drop those baggages?
Do something, if not, nothing is going to happen to those baggages!

Anonymous said...

Over the past seven years, Ohio lost almost 25 percent of its manufacturing jobs (250,000 jobs,). Just imagine what all these people are going through!

I thought Hillary Clinton put together a good motivating speech last night after the win in Ohio and Rhode Island.

“For everyone here in Ohio or across America who has been counted out but refused to be knocked out, and for everyone who has stumbled but stood right back up, and for everyone who works hard and never gives up, this one is for you.”

“The people of Ohio have said it clearly – we’re going on, we’re going strong and we’re going all the way.”

Alfred, move on and be strong.

Janet said...

Alfred, I have and will continue to walk with you.